About Raise Raise is the leading mobile payments and prepaid gift card platform where millions of consumers earn instant cash back and save money on purchases. The company has transformed traditionally simple pieces of plastic into one powerful payment mechanism that can be seamlessly used at 300,000+ retail locations nationwide.
As a marketplace with 4,000+ brands and 450+ retail partners, Raise enables consumers to save money and instantly pay for in-store or online purchases at their favorite stores using their digital mobile wallet. In addition to offering value and convenience for consumers, Raise allows retailers to unlock a new, data-driven channel to activate targeted segments of the platform’s more than 2.5 million members.
Since 2013, Raise has saved members more than $150 million. The company is based in Chicago and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, and PayPal. Raise is available on both iOS and Android and at www.raise.com.
About the Position Raise has a number of exciting new initiatives in the pipeline this year, and we need a talented and experienced Sr. Software Engineer, focused in Machine Learning, to join the team driving one of those initiatives – rZero. rZero was born out of the realization that, in order to combat some of the most sophisticated and complex attacks in e-commerce, a platform was needed; one designed to evaluate the intentions of users based on digital behavior.
The rZero team draws on decades of experience from its team of market-leading data scientists, engineers, and executives with extensive backgrounds from industry pioneers such as eBay, LexisNexis Risk Solutions, American Express, and PayPal. The rZero fraud detection platform strikes the fine balance between security and customer friction and provides digital behavioral risk evaluation with pinpoint accuracy while giving partners peace of mind to make decisions instantly and confidently.
Our Sr. Software Engineer - Machine Learning is expected to design and code solutions which translate the needs of machine learning/data science teams into production. These solutions should be performant, scalable, well-tested, and written cleanly. The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for understanding how to translate the needs of an offline learning system into production without affecting performance in a major way, both from the production system perspective as well as the algorithm perspective. The ideal candidate will possess a broad technical background including both production software engineering experience as well as machine learning experience.
· Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve new products and services
· Work with machine learning team to negotiate solution approaches which will work out better in production
· Thoroughly test and validate both your solutions and the overall system solutions to ensure minimal issues in production, including tests applying to machine learning system bounds
· Document and communicate your technical approaches and solutions in a clear and concise manner
· Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
· Assist product/technical leaders in project planning and driving technical direction
· Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape and be Raise’s thought leader in innovation and creativity
Skills & Qualifications
· 5+ years of experience in software development and machine learning including code/model design, coding/scripting, testing
· Experienced in Java/Spark
· Experience with machine learning feature generation/training/model validation
· Capable of distilling needs from customers/teams to create generalized solutions with little supervision
· Passionate about both machine learning and production engineering
· Based in Pacific Timezone preferred
Raise offers a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees, including:
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· 401(K) plan with discretionary company match
· Company-paid short-and-long-term disability
· Company-paid life insurance
· Pre-tax health flex spending and dependent care plan
· Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, including sick time, unlimited vacation, and Raise Gives Back time off for volunteering · Pre-tax commuter program · Paid parental leave
· Voluntary benefits, such as Pet Insurance and Identity Protection