We are a small online coding school looking for an online teacher. You will be teaching full-stack development including Flutter mobile apps and React web apps, with Mongo/Express and Firebase back ends.
About the Role:
1. Teaching live, online classes via Zoom
2. Monitoring the school's Slack channels and answering student homework questions
3. Overseeing student projects and providing ad-hoc instruction and mentoring
4. Assessing enrollment applications and conducting online applicant interviews
5. Working with other teachers and administrators to develop the course curriculum and overall strategy for the school
6. Keeping in touch with former students to ensure they remain engaged with the school for a number of years after graduation
1. Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken
3. 4 years work experience in an object-oriented language
1. Teaching experience
2. Experience with the Dart/Flutter framework
3. Experience with the MERN stack
Location and Hours:
We are a remote-only team and you can choose to work from home or a co-working office space provided by us. You will be expected to work 40 hours per week, usually 8:30am to 5:30pm IST Monday to Friday.
INR 1.6 - 2.0 lac per month plus a bonus dependant on student achievement
1. Send us your CV along with your desired salary and maximum 150 words on why you are suitable for this role. Please include a description of an interesting project or functionality you implemented and how you went about it.
3. If you pass the screening test, we will schedule a 2-hour meeting on Zoom for a more in-depth coding challenge and to assess your communication skills and learn about your goals and experience. We will repeat these 2-hour Zoom meetings a few times until we are confident you are a good match for this role. We will pay you a reasonable hourly rate for each of these meetings.
4. If all goes well, we'll offer you a position on our team! Alternatively if we reject you at any stage we will notify you by email.