We're looking for a Front-end Developer (Vue.js) with Rails experience to join our team to help grow our start-up SmartrMail
and improve email marketing for commerce.
The role is remote first, but we do require that you have a 4 hour minimum overlap in your work day with our technical lead in Lithuania.
- One main Rails app, 3 Vue apps (not microservices)
- Current stack: Rails 6, Postgresql, Redis, Vue.js, Nginx, Passenger, Sidekiq, Google Cloud
What the role will focus on
- Front End Development (using HTML, CSS, JS and Vue) of features within our email composer and other Vue apps
- Create workflows and components to enable beautiful, and consistent designs to be built and implemented quickly by the team
- Work with other developers to ensure that their backend code (Rails) supports the requirements for the frontend
- Advocate best practices and well tested reliable software
- Code reviews of our other developers commits, feedback, discussing ideas and taking the time to learn yourself and teach others
- Bug fixing and support
What you will bring to the role
- 3+ years’ experience in a Front-end role
- An expert in Vue.js
- Experience with Rails, you don't have to be an expert but you should be comfortable writing Rails code
- In their element writing elegant CSS and implementing pixel perfect designs
- Passionate about design principles and understand how to convey them to other developers and designers
- Be able to solve problems without us holding your hands and turn ideas into elegant solutions
- Be able to consider things from a customer perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our frontend experience
- Experience using Git version control
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack and Clubhouse)
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
Nice but not essential
- Start up experience in any capacity
- Experience with e-commerce or HTML email development
Why Join SmartrMail?
- Build an awesome product that users love
- We're a friendly, flexible remote team and have a flexible work environment
- Work anywhere you like
- We care deeply about technology and a great product
- We run a yearly retreat. Our first one was in Lisbon in 2019.
- Excellent potential to improve your craft and progress your career in a growing start up